March 22, 2017

You Are Pretty Amazing - Color Throwdown Challenge

Hello!

I've been following Amy Rysavy's blog (Prairie Paper & Ink) for the past few months and got intrigued by the Color Throwdown Challenge, so I decided to play along this time.  The colors for this challenge are orange, turquoise and yellow.


I designed this card a few months ago but haven't gotten around to sharing it yet.  I used several products from the "You Matter" release by Simon Says Stamp.   I got the coordinating background stamp, stamp set, and die.  All linked below.


I started by stamping the You Matter background stamp in tumbled glass distress ink on white card stock for a simple, subtle background.  Then I die cut the word "You" from turquoise patterned paper (from one of the SSS monthly card kits) and stamped the "are pretty amazing" with black onyx Versafine ink, which always gives crisp, clear results.  I stamped a few random hearts around the greeting to draw attention to the sentiment and add a little "love" to the message.


I added a strip of patterned paper which I die cut with a ribbon die by Elizabeth Crafts, and then mounted the card panel onto a top-folding A2 size turquoise card base.


To finish it off I added some glossy accents over the "You" and the hearts to add some shine.

I linked to most of the supplies used below.  Hope you enjoyed this card, and if you haven't checked out the Color Throwdown Challenge yet, head on over and join in the fun!

Thanks for stopping by!

~ ellen